The Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) will honor twelve women for their work to advance diversity and inclusion in the Transportation Industry at their 4th Annual “Celebrating Women Who Move The Nation” on Wednesday March 11, 2015 in Washington, DC. The breakfast event takes place from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. at the J. W. Marriott Hotel located at 1331 Pennsylvania Ave.
The 2015 Celebrating Women Who Move the Nation Honorees are:
- Ms. Marcia Ferranto, President and CEO, Women’s Transportation Seminar International for Advocacy
- Ms. Chellie Cameron, Chief Operating Officer, Philadelphia International Airport for Aviation
- The Honorable Eleanor Holmes Norton, Congresswoman District of Columbia for Legislator
- Ms. Deborah Hersman, President and CEO, National Safety Council for Multimodalism
- Ms. Cynthia Jones-Parks, President and CEO, Jones-Worley Communications, for Private Sector
- Dr. Joy Rohadfox, President and CEO, Rohadfox Construction Control Services Corporation for Private Sector
- Ms. Ann Dawson-August, Executive Director, Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority for Public Transportation
- Ms. Ysela Llort, Director, Miami-Dade Transit for Public Transportation
- Ms. Carolyn Flowers, Senior Advisor Federal Transit Administration for Public Transportation/Federal
- Ms. Polly Trottenberg, Commissioner, New York City Department of Transportation for State Government
- Senator Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senate, California (D) for Lifetime Achievement
- Ms. Paralee Shivers, Professor, Speech Division, Houston Community College for the Shirley A. DeLibero Woman Who Moves The Nation
COMTO began recognizing the accomplishments and influence of women in the transportation industry in 2012. This year’s list of recipients brings the total number of honorees to 46. As in years past, these leaders represent a broad cross section of the industry.
COMTO is still accepting registrations for the event. For more information visit www.comto.org to register and to read a press release for the event.